GiantsKnitter

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

We beat the Redskins!! We beat the Redskins!! Woo-hoo the defense FINALLY showed up on Sunday!

Okay - I'm better now.

It was a great weekend (we beat the Redskins and are 2-0 in the division...maybe I'm not really better, yet). On Saturday we drove up to Towson U. for Family Weekend. My daughter wanted us to taligate before the football game with her boyfriend, his family and his fraternity brothers. That was a great plan, except for the rain! We had fun anyway and then went into the game. Unfortunately, the Towson Tigers 4-0 record did not stand up to the Black Bears of Maine. At least we didn't get any wetter - we couldn't! After that it was back to K.'s apartment for a bit of crafting and then on to the Crab Feast. She loves those bugs!

On Sunday I finished the second sock in my red pair (while the Giants were beating the Redskins - have I mentioned that?) Well, they're not quite a pair anymore. I did the first one on fives and didn't really like the way it came out, so I made the second one on fours - much better. Now sock #1 is back to being a ball, but I'll get to that tonight. I also ripped back about five inches of a sweater I'm doing. Why is it that even if you make a swatch and your gauge is dead on, sometimes the thing is just too darned big. Oh well, that'll get back on the needles this week, too.

Yesterday was spent on chores and shopping. Need to start collecting things for my Secret Pal afterall!

Anyway, now I'm back at work wishing I was home casting on that second (third?) red sock...

...and yes, I know, my Yankees did not win. :-(

4 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Large Marge said…

    No, they didn't, but
    THE METS DID!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    Dude - do you have something against having an actualy "pair" of socks!!

    hehehe!

    Redskins rule! (even if we lost!)

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Nittany Knits said…

    Ok, now I know what my blog will look like if my Steelers ever actually win a game :-)

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who won again? ;-)
    Good luck with the sock do-over.
    Your confused e-mailing was funny. :) Glad you got it straightened out . . . have a lovely day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Buttons:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Powered by Blogger