GiantsKnitter

Monday, October 02, 2006

It's October - Yea!!!

I really love October. It's my favorite month, except for the ones in which I receive gifts! :-)

Special thanks goes out to Javajem for the pretty button you made for me... Now, if I only knew what to do with it...

Well, so last time I was talking about my many started projects. I'm happy to report that the beaded bag (Best Friend Bag from Knitty.com) has been (mostly) completed. That means I still have to put to together, but that's just a minor detail.

As for the felted rug, well now, that's a different story. I know that many knitters have various philosphies about the sport, but here is mine: READ THE FREAKING YARN LABEL!! Yeah, that's it. Read the label - BEFORE you start the project. What I thought was a 56% wool yarn (which I know would felt because I made a bag out of something similar) turned out to be - are you ready? here is comes!! - 10% wool!! Guess what? There is no way that would felt - no way! I don't know where my head was when I bought the stuff! I know I was trying to cheap out because, afterall, I was going to walk on the stupid thing and couldn't really bring myself to make much of an investment, but I can read! Oh well, at least I only had 16 rows done and hadn't started my stripe pattern yet so I've got lots of full balls to return. So much for my grand philosophy of knitting.

I stopped by the Celtic Knot yarn shop in Ellicott City, MD on Sunday. It's a very nice shop with extremely helpful staff. They didn't have what I needed for the sweater I'm contemplating - it's in a freaky gauge - but that's okay - I'll be back anyway.

My Giants had a bye this weekend (for the uninitiated, that means they didn't play), but the other two teams in their division that had games won (Philly plays tonight). That means they have to win next week when they play the yucky Washington Redskins (a division game) who, as much as I hate to admit it, looked pretty good yesterday.

Okay, so now that the bag is done-ish and the rug is kaput, it think I'll make a PAIR of socks! He-he-he. Not for him, though!! The dirty sock-basher! :-)

Cheers!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Large Marge said…

    that bad javajem...
    i'm proud of you for finishing that stinking bag!
    you go girl!!!

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    Yeah! You finished your bag!! I'm jealous.

    Dude - reading in fundamental ;) Read the yarn labels!

    hehehehe

    Did you start your red socks yet?

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Nittany Knits said…

    Steelers had a bye this week, too. It meant we couldn't lose. We're on National tv again next Sunday night against the Chargers. Could be bad. Must have knitting handy so I do not cuss at inanitmate objects!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Buttons:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Powered by Blogger