GiantsKnitter

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wednesday, October 4, 2006

As you can see, I'm still trying to find myself titlewise. I'll need to seek inspiration from the great Dali Blogga.

So now Javajem has dragged (hehehe) me into another knitting adventure...Secret Pal 9. I'm actually pretty excited about it and herein are my answers to life's buring questions:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Right now I'm using a 50-50 blend of Merino and silk and I am absolutely in love!! Otherwise 100% wools, cashmere, alpaca - you know, the cheap stuff! :-) What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Some of the cottons and other fibers that cut your fingers to ribbons.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Uh, store? What means store? I sort of scatter.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I learned as a kid - probably around 10 or so. My Mom, who was a WONDERFUL knitter, taught me. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Probably intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? What I have is a watch list on eBay and I've been doing pretty well so far!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Candles - it depends on the season. It's getting to be spicy season but in the summer I like clean, fresh scents. As for bath products, I'm addicted to anything by Philosphy... can you say Cinnamon Buns Body Wash?

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? I'm more of a salty girl. Favorite candy? Godiva's chocolate covered strawberries.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I do rubber stamping (I make all my own cards) and I do most of my own home repairs, painting and the like. Do you spin? Nope - I'd like to give it a try, though.

8. What kind of music do you like? I like just about anything except rap and really heavy metal. My iPod has a pretty varied mix from country to show tunes and everything in between. Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes, my computer can do anything!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Well, if you looked in my closet, you would say black, but I also love soft, fallish colors (browns, rusty oranges, golds, sagey greens). Any colors you just can't stand? Super bright yellow and muddy greenish-browns.

10. What is your family situation? I am a single parent of two daughters. Amanda is 22 and Katie is almost 19. Do you have any pets? Yes, Fred the Wonder Dog! He's almost 12.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, yes, yes, never had one, but would wear one.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I've done lots of different things - I really don't have a particular favorite, although I'm really into instant (or as instant as knitting can be) gratification.

13. What are you knitting right now? Multi-directional scarf (NO. I'M NOT DONE YET!!), socks, preemie hat for a friend who just has a baby.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? LOVE THEM!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? That depends now, doesn't it? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No and I really need a winder.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? 8 years.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn, rubber stamps, purses.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? No, because I just buy what I want. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave Knits, Knit, some online newsletters.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Entrelac, Fair Isle.

22. Are you a sock knitter? I'd like to think so although I'm really only on my first pair. My first two attempts are what I like to call "prototypes". What are your foot measurements? I'm a woman's size 8.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 03/22.

So that's me!

Later!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Buttons:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Powered by Blogger