GiantsKnitter

Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday, October 6, 2006

Went to my Sit and Knit last night. I have to say that the women there have really made me feel like a part of the group after only two weeks. Ain't knitters grand!?

A special thanks to Margaret for confirming that my Rib-of-Doom sock is messed up! I'm starting the second one today and hoping for the best. Maybe I'll just have to rip out the first one...but my grafting was so GOOD! :-)

We're off to Towson University tomorrow for Family Weekend...tailgating, football game, Crab and Bull Roast. It should be lots of fun as long as the weather holds - it's pouring here in central Maryland today. But no matter what, it's still nice to see my lovely daughter of whom I am extremely jealous! She's taking an Art History class in Florence, Italy in June!! Three weeks in Florence, Sienna, Luca, Rome, Venice, the list goes on! I keep threatening to lock her away in a closet, steal her passport and take her place. I'll just tell the customs people, when they wonder about the picture and age on said passport, that I've been ill for a while! That'll work, don't you think?

Okay, Holly, I'll add to your list of charties with a couple of worthy causes I saw in the newspaper today (Life Magazine, actually): 1) For soldiers - www.theshipsproject.com/Home.htm (slippers, hats that can fit under helmets), 2) For the homeless - www.warmupamerica.org (7" X 9" rectangles to be used for afghans), 3) For premature babies - www.carewear.org, and 4) For troubled teens - www.binkypatrol.org. I haven't checked out all of these websites yet, but for folks who are interested, here you are.

So have a great weekend all! Holiday on Monday - woohoo!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Large Marge said…

    What are friends for, if not to point and mock.

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Nittany Knits said…

    Hey, you wanted it to look like Jody's sock and it does :-)

    Thanks for the added charity links and for getting the word out about the Knit-A-Thon next Saturday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Buttons:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Powered by Blogger