GiantsKnitter

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm Back! Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Yes, here I am; alive and well. Went to Sheep and Wool - yes, of course I bought more yarn. How silly of you to even ask!

On a sad, very sad note, my favorite TV show of all time, Gilmore Girls, ended yesterday. I sobbed like a fool during the last fifteen minutes! It was like losing multiple members of your family all at once. I'm still sad...Thank goodness for DVR!!

And now, the moment I'm sure you've all been waiting for. At long (LONG) last, the Doctor's Bag from "Knit 2 Together" is done! Done!! DONE!! Woo-hoo! I still have the blister on my finger from sewing the lining in! The bag is done in Manos del Uruguay in Cherry held double. I went down a needle size from the 11US the pattern called for to a 10.5 US to get gauge. I hope you can tell from the photo of me that this bag is freaking huge! It's meant to be a sort of carpetbag - a weekender if you will. It may, in fact, be a weeker if your clothes aren't too big!

A special shoutout to my pal, Javejem, for her picture-taking expertise! The background is the courtyard at the USDA in Beltsville where we work. It's really quite lovely. Here goes:


The stitch detail displayed hanging from a tree...



Lovely among the azaleas...



Wildlife and wild lining...



Okay, so I may only be 5'3" tall, but this bag is big...



Freaking Huge!!!!!!

9 Comments:

  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger brsmaryland said…

    Beautiful! I just saw it featured in the latest Knit Picks catalog. A great bag and looks like you did a great job. Love the lining.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Catherine said…

    The bag is great...but look at you! I don't think I've ever seen a pic of you!

    And I cried over Gilmore Girls too. :oP

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Giantsknitter said…

    Thank you for your nice comments. It was truly a labor of love. My daughter picked it out for herself and then "gave" me a deadline of June 1 so she could take it to Italy with her. The pressure was fierce! :-)

    I just don't know what I'll do without Lorelei and Rory...and LUKE!!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Peacock Chic said…

    Wow I love the bag! Congratulations. I especially love that lining...it is very va va va voom! And yes the bag IS HUGE, but I have learned to love mine because I can put so much stuff in it. Now you have to carry around 2-3 projects just to justify the bag :O)

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    It's freakin gorgeous!! (Even more so in person!) Awesome job!

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think your bag looks better than the book. I love the lining you chose, and I recently used those same handles for a dr seuss noni-bag all my own! They are wearing really well, in case you were concerned!!

    Thanks for letting me tag along your lunch outing today!

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    Gee, top notch GK! Jody should be paid big bucks at the knitting mags for her pix. Err...one question. Is she strong enough to lug it around Italy when it's full of loot?

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Nittany Knits said…

    I thought I was the only one going to miss Luke! It was so sad.

    I forgot to ask you last night it you lined the bag yourself.

    By the way, great new car!

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mariel says its beautiful. But huge.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Buttons:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Powered by Blogger