GiantsKnitter

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm Back, February, 28, 2007

Yes, here I am. I bet you thought I had forgotten all about you! Nope. Just didn't have a thing to say. Actually, I still don't but, I thought I'd share some pictures with you.

First, what the heck was up with that snow last Sunday? I don't know a single person who expected us to be blanketed in white (including the TV weather-people - uh, weather-persons, whatever!) I have to say that it was one of the prettiest snowfalls in recent memory made even better for me by two enterprising young "men" who came by to shovel my driveway for a very nominal fee. I gave them more than they asked for - my drive was nothing but cement when they left!

Fred (my dog for those of you not in the loop) and I went for a walk when it was all over. This was our view of world from the bike path behind my house at 4PM last Sunday:









And, lest you think I've been doing nothing but walking in the snow with my dog, I have been knitting. I made a brown, tweedy, floppy hat out of Tahki Shetland, that looked terrible on my, ripped it out and made another. No picture - it's just a plain old turned up 2x2 ribbed edge on a plain old stockinette hat but it is mighty warm!

My latest is a tank that I saw on the Knit and Tonic site. I bought the yarn (South West Trading Company's Bamboo in #521, Turquoise Green) along with the (free with yarn) pattern called Bamboo Ballerina from the KnitPixie website. I love the feel of this yarn BUT I'm still on the first ball (good yardage - 220) and have already run into three (that's right, THREE) knots! I don't mind a knot here or there but come on people!! Three in the first ball! I can't wait to see what lies ahead! Here she is folks, BB:

1 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Large Marge said…

    Wasn't the snow incredible? I'm loving the pictures! The sweater looks cool! I share your pain about the yarn. It happened to me once. The rest of the skeins were fine. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Buttons:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Powered by Blogger