GiantsKnitter

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday, June 10, 2007

It was a nice day today. I heard from my daughter who is studying in Italy (loves Florence, Rome - not so much). She and her classmates were at the Colluseum and had a birdeye view of the rioters down in the street who were protesting the arrival of the current US president. There was teargas and carabinieri (sp?) everywhere. Thankfully, they were safe but it gave me pause...

Also, I had dinner with my friend Laurel who is slowly recovering from a broken ankle. Plus, she just started a new job. A little stressful, no?

Now I am awaiting my "baby" sister's arrival tonight for a quick visit while she's here in the DC area on business. I always have fun whenever either of my sisters visit...the fun usually consists of too much wine, too much food, more wine, shopping and then more wine...and food...and did I mention the wine?

And, I casted on for my next big project, the Katharine Hepburn Cardigan from Lace Style. I really love this book; there are so many really pretty patterns in it. But the main reason I bought is was this sweater...I sure hope I can actually finish it for the Fall (this Fall, y'all!!!)



KH ready for her close-up:



The yarn I'm using is sooo yummy...super soft and easy to work with. It feels absolutely fantastic. It's Knitting Notions Classic Merino Sport in the Dark Rose colorway. It's kettle-dyes and contains gentle variations in color that my camera just can't pick up and each skein has 390 yards!!. My one concern is that the wonderful Catherine Harrison of KN only had four skiens in each dyelot so I have 4 +1. I think it will be okay - I'll just blend two lots into the back where there should be plenty of room to "stretch" the colors together. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS YARN!!!

And what was my dog, Fred, doing today? Mostly this:



The elder statesman (13 1/2) up close and personal:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    I just love it!! It's so squishy in person too!

    Fred!! My favorite old man! Give him a kiss for me!

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Giants Knitter! I am dropping by to say hi and to invite you to join our Catalina KAL (if you like). We would love to knit along with you.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow is it only June 10. Ha, ha. I am sure you are busy knitting, new jobbing, etc and are neglecting the blog.
    Your wonderful friend
    Kathleen

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger FuguesStateKnits said…

    Hi - beautiful work - I have that book and have considered doing the longer of the two sweaters -they are so beautiful!
    Happy Knitting!
    Joan
    a/k/a FugueStateKnits

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Buttons:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Powered by Blogger